St. John Lutheran Church
1017 Montana • Libby, MT 59923 • (406)293-4024
Office Hours: Tuesday thru Friday 9:00A.M.- 1:00 P.M.
Click photo to see a larger image.
The Stephen Ministry Banquet
Posted: May 3, 2015
The Stephen Ministry Banquet was well attended and enjoyed by all. The new Stephen Caretakers are now installed and ready to accept care receivers.
STEPHEN MINISTRY ANNOUNCEMENT
Posted: April 12, 2015
The initial training for the Stephen Ministry has been completed. We will be celebrating this milestone and installing the Stephen Ministry Leaders and Care Givers on April 26th. A Congregation Banquet will follow Divine Service on that day. Food and beverages will be provided. Please sign up at the back of the church to help the committee plan for this special event.
WHAT IS STEPHEN MINISTRY?
Our congregation’s Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide confidential one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
A STEPHEN MINISTER IS…
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting
- A congregation member with gifts for caregiving who was carefully selected to serve this role
- A layperson who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care
- A caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages
- Someone who will “be there” for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week for as long as there’s a need
STEPHEN MINISTERS CARE FOR PEOPLE FACING TOUGH TIMES
We all experience challenges in life---times when we could benefit from the support of a caring Christian friend. Stephen Ministers are ready to provide the emotional and spiritual care we need when faced with a crisis or difficulty such as
- Loss of a loved one
- Divorce or separation
- Loneliness or discouragement
- Spiritual crisis
- Unemployment or a job crisis
- Terminal illness
- Birth, adoption, miscarriage, or infertility
- A chronic illness
- Recovery after an accident or disaster
- And many more
STEPHEN MINISTRY IS OUR MINISTRY
You play an important role in our Stephen Ministry. Here’s what you can do:
- Pray for God to bring hope and healing to hurting people through our Stephen Ministry.
- Accept care from a Stephen Minister during your time of need. God doesn’t expect you to bear your burdens alone.
- Tell a friend, neighbor, coworker, or relative who is hurting about our Stephen ministry.
STEPHEN LEADERS ARE…
Trained leaders in our congregation who oversee and direct our Stephen Ministry
- If you---or someone you know---could benefit from the care of a Stephen Minister…
- If you are interested in possibly becoming a Stephen Minister…
- If you have any other questions about Stephen Ministry…
…talk with one of our Stephen Leaders.
Meet Our Stephen Leader Team
We are excited to introduce you to our new program of care and mercy at St John Lutheran Church. This ministry serves the need for one-to-one lay care for those inside and outside the church. In conjunction with the church council, there is a special group of people who will run this ministry. They are our Stephen Leaders. They have gone through a weeklong training course and are equipped with the tools that they need to ensure that this ministry runs smoothly.
Click or Tap on the photos for more information about our Team